Comprehensive servicing – without losing your shirt!
We offer three servicing options:
- Major service – A thorough thirty-eight step process to look after your car and ensure it looks after you.
- Minor service - Generally including the replacement of engine oil and the engine oil filter, but can be tailored to your needs.
- Winter check – To ensure your vehicle is in good shape to face whatever the winter throws at it.
We use good quality consumables and original equipment parts (unless there is a good reason not to, in which case we will discuss with you first).
Service books are stamped to maintain you service history and preserve the value of your car.
For prices please refer to the pricelist
To book a service please call Neil on 07886 108 886.
The NB Car Services Major Service
Every wondered what gets done when your car is serviced? This is what we will do – every step, every time.
- Check steering
- Check operation of exterior lights
- Check seat belts and report if worn or faulty
- Check condition and operation of windscreen wipers
- Check horn
- Check front windscreen washer operation. Adjust jets if necessary and top-up
- Check rear view mirror
- Check rear window washer operation. Adjust jets if necessary and top-up
- Check condition and tension of fan/ auxiliary belt where visible
- Check instrument panel for warning lights and report
- Check power steering reservoir (where applicable). Top-up as necessary
- Check steering gaiters, joints and dust covers
- Check propshaft, suspension joints and grease nipples where fitted
- Check wheel bearings for excessive play or noise
- Check inner and outer driveshaft gaiters
- Check tyre size, condition, tread depth and fitment
- Check clutch operation and top-up fluid if necessary
- Check shock absorbers and spring condition (where visible)
- Check and adjust tyre pressures
- Check condition or brake pads and shoes
- Check condition of brake discs and drums
- Check condition of wheel cylinders, calipers and adjusters
- Check handbrake linkages
- Check exhaust system
- Check any items reported by customer
- Replace engine oil and engine filter
- Replace air filter
- Replace fuel filter if required
- Check coolant level and top up if required
- Check brake fluid level and top up if required
- Check anti-freeze strength MIN-20
- Check battery condition and grease terminals if accessible
- Lubricate accessible door hinges where required
- Lubricate bonnet catch
- Check timing belt replacement interval and report if due
- Report if spark plugs are due to be changed according to mileage or age
- Reset vehicle service light where applicable (subject to data and tooling availability)
- Road test